2021 Read-a-Thon Rewards
Your student can earn rewards for reading or being read to (hint: Mystery Readers, Destination Guide Read-Alouds and Caribu all take the pressure off parent/guardians doing all the reading and help your students accrue time!).
To earn rewards, simply log your student’s daily minutes at TrackMyReading.com.
- Find your child's teacher and click the link to open the classroom's Reading Tracker (a Google Sheet).
- Enter only your child's data. Please do not edit any other child's data on the Reading Tracker.
- You may enter reading minutes any time during the Read-a-Thon, however, the cut-off time for entering minutes the night before a prize delivery day is 9 p.m.
On “Prize Days” – March 18, 23, 25 and 29 – teachers will distribute rewards for students who have logged enough minutes to reach the next “destination” on their passports as follows:
- USA – 10 minutes
- El Salvador – 40 total minutes
- Brazil – 90 total minutes (or 1 hour, 30 minutes)
- South Africa – 130 total minutes (2 hours, 10 minutes)
- Spain – 180 total minutes (2 hours, 30 minutes)
- Sweden – 210 total minutes (3 hours, 30 minutes)
- Pakistan – 250 total minutes (4 hours, 10 minutes)
- China – 290 total minutes (4 hours, 50 minutes)
- Indonesia – 340 total minutes (5 hours, 40 minutes)
- Australia – 370 or more total minutes (6 hours, 10 minutes or more)
Those totals may seem like a lot, but with 27 minutes of reading a day (about the length of a TV show) over the 14-day program, your student can achieve EVERY reward.
Students will be rewarded for their fundraising efforts as a collective school community via School Spirit Days AND with opportunities to win fun prizes.
School Spirit Day Rewards
Our total Kaiser + Woodland fundraising goal is $30,000; as we approach this goal our entire school will celebrate the following milestones:
Wacky Tacky Day
Wear mismatched clothing or something silly
Wear all one color
Blend In or Stand Out Day
Wear tie dye or camouflage
Wear gear from your favorite sport or sports team or your favorite team’s colors
Wear your PJs or comfy clothes
Principals will do something silly
Super Hero Day
Dress like a superhero or wear a superhero-inspired shirt/outfit.
Let's Get Crazy Day
Wear crazy hair, crazy socks, a crazy hat or clothing backwards/inside out
Principal's Super Challenge
Principals will do something SUPER silly
When we achieve together, we celebrate together! KWPFO will track collective donations, regardless of classroom, grade, or campus, and we will celebrate these fundraising milestones as one community! Watch your email or follow KWPFO on social media @kaiserwoodlandpfo for announcements on our progress toward these goals and when Spirit Days will be held.
To add a little extra fun and motivation, for every $25 a student fundraises, he/she will receive 1 “ticket” (or opportunity) to win a prize from the awesome list of prizes the KWPFO has collected.
- Chopster Electric Motorcycle (2)
- Sonic XL Electric Scooter
- Revster 200 Electric Scooter (3)
- Burner ProPlus Scooter
- Burner Pro Scooters (4)
- 3-wheel Scooters (3)
- 1-month Art Lessons at ArtSteps Costa Mesa (Value $217)
- Eat Chow $60 Gift Certificate
- Adjustable Roller Skates from Circle Society (3)
- Nutcase Helmets
- Discovery Astronomy Set
- In-N-Out Prize Package (6)
- C’est Si Bon Bakery $25 Gift Certificate (3)
- Mi Casa $25 Gift Certificate
- Lido Village Books $15 Gift Certificate
- Buenas Coffee $10 Gift Certificate
- Tiny Whales Trucker Hats from The General Store
- Journal & Pen Sets from The General Store
- Earrings from The General Store
- Gold Earrings from Fluer De Lys
- Manicure Gift Certificates from Finest Nails & Spa on 17th Street
- Go Play Inflatable Toss Game
- Over-the-door Basketball Hoop
- Wing Ball
- Sky Rocket
- Atomic Power Popper
- Spend or Save Rainbow Bank
- Razzle Dazzle Unicorn Gem Art Kit
- Craftastic Unicorn Craft Kit (2)
- Unicorn Popper
- Bookmarks with charms from The General Store
Prizes will be announced at the end of March.
Thank You to Our Sponsors!
A tremendous thank you to our sponsors who donated prize items, supported our Read-A-Thon and never fail to believe in our students!
Caribu - www.caribu.com
Pulse Performance Products - www.pulsescooters.com
Bravo Sports - bravosportscorp.com
Nutcase - nutcasehelmets.com
OC Yard Greetings - www.ocyardgreetings.com
General Store, Newport Beach - instagram.com/generalstorenb/
ArtSteps - artstepsclasses.com
Common Thread - www.shopcommonthread.com
In-N-Out - www.in-n-out.com
Mi Casa - instagram.com/mi_casa_mex
Lido Village Books - lidovillagebooks.com
Eat Chow - eatchow.com
Buenas Coffee - buenas.coffee
C’est Si Bon Bakery - cestsibonnb.com
Finest Nails & Spa
Fleur De Lys - shopfleurdelys.com
Dates to Remember
March 4th, 7 p.m. - “Building a Family Literacy Toolkit” Zoom
March 15th - Read-a-Thon Begins!
March 18th - Prize Day
March 23th - Prize Day
March 25th - Prize Day
March 26th - Read-a-Thon Ends
March 29th - Prize Day
March 31st - Final Read-a-Thon Results
Each guide takes you to a destination through our Passport to Reading. You’ll find activities, crafts, recipes, and read-alouds from the countries in the program.
Subscribe to Knightline
Stay up to date with our PFO newsletter.