There are so many ways we can use our amazing Costa Mesa community resources to us fundraise for our schools. From local restaurants and your regular market trip, take a look at the ways you can help our school without spending any additional money.
What if you could simply donate your spare change from everyday purchases to support your student's learning at Kaiser and Woodland Elementary Schools? Well now you can! KWPFO has partnered with a mobile donation app called Coin Up. You can make a monthly impact to the PFO’s fundraising for our schools through Coin Up in 3 Easy Steps:
- Download the (free) Coin Up App from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Select Kaiser Woodland PFO as your charity.
- Link your bank card and set a monthly limit.
Coin Up rounds up each transaction to the nearest dollar and donates the “spare change” directly to our organization. Your information is secure and encrypted with bank-approved technology. Most importantly, you’re always in control of your Coin Up donations by setting a monthly limit.
Other important things to know:
- A one-time set-up charge of $1.00 will be charged when you
activate your account.
- A minimum donation of $5 per month can be set. You can choose your own monthly maximum amount.
- The PFO does not have access to any banking or credit card information. Coin Up protects your data through its trusted partners providing 256-bit encryption, multi factor authentication (MFA), and the highest levels of banking security.
- Your donation to the PFO through Coin Up is tax deductible! Get a tax receipt for 100% of your donation.
- You can change your monthly maximum or cancel your participation at any time (but we hope you don’t).
Have more Coin Up questions? Check out their FAQs online!
Any time you shop at Ralph’s, be sure to use a Ralph’s Rewards card and link your card to Kaiser PFO. Ralph’s Rewards cards are free, with no contract or commitment and you keep the rewards points while also helping our school earn a community contribution.
This passive contribution on behalf of our school families has contributed up to $3,000 of the PFO budget in prior years. Steps to link your card are below:
*Re-confirm your enrollment each school year (i.e. after September 1st).
- Go to Ralphs.com & Sign in/Register
- Click Community, then Community Contribution
- Under Participant, select Enroll
- Type Kaiser under Find your Organization and select Kaiser PFO.
- Save changes.
Enroll by Phone:
- Call 800-443-4438
- Ask to link Ralphs Rewards Card to Kaiser PFO.
Every Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday, Grower’s Ranch will donate 5% of your pre-tax purchase back to our schools.
At time of checkout, just let the cashier know you’d like to donate to the Kaiser PFO.
2016 Newport Blvd., Costa Mesa (at 20th Street)
Offer applies Tues, Wed, Thu
BoxTop$ for Education
Ever notice the BoxTop$ for Education on the package of your cereal or granola bars? Maybe even on some of your household goods? Those tops can be clipped off the box and turned into the front office, and then the PFO submits them for cash for our schools! Each box top is worth $0.10 - think of all the times you’ve noticed this stamp as you tossed the box in the trash. Let’s save that money and use it toward PFO programs.
Many BoxTop$ today are going digital! When you notice this mark on your boxes while shopping, it gets even easier! Download the app to your smartphone and scan the receipt. The app will apply funds for all qualifying purchases and you’re done!
Last year Kaiser & Woodland earned nearly $1,000 through the Box Tops program.
Visit the Box Tops website or click the links below to access the app for your device, then look up Kaiser PFO to start saving and see how your clipping is making a difference.
Download the new app:
Community Restaurant Fundraisers
Restaurant fundraisers are a fun and social way to help our schools earn money. Watch Knightline and the PFO social media channels for updates on dates and times for special fundraising opportunities.
Donate to Our Libraries
Kaiser and Woodland libraries are always looking to add to their collections, especially after losing so many books during the beginning of the pandemic.
Please consider donating through the Amazon Library Wishlists. Thank you!
Subscribe to Knightline
Stay up to date with our PFO newsletter.
Ready to Get Involved?
We're ready, are you? Find opportunities to volunteer in many ways. Become a Board Member or sign-up for activities where we need your help.